Photodynamic therapy (PDT), matured as a feasible medical technology in the 1980s atseveral institutions throughout the word, is a third – level treatment for cancer involvingthree key components: a photosensitizer, light and tissue oxygen. this group is workingon early detection and treatment of premalignant and malignant lesions.
This group by having this technology has been trying to use new photosensitizers inorder to develop the diagnostically and clinical ways of this method.
The major activities of this group are:
- Development of new application of PDT
- Photodynamic Diagnosis in premalignant and malignant lesions
- Photodynamic inactivation
- Improving the existed photosensitizers, achieving and producing photosensitizers
- Photodynamic Therapy basal cell carcinoma
- Methylene Blue mediate Photodynamic therapy for oral lichen planus
- Photodynamic incitation of multidrug Resistant of Pathologic Microorganisms
- Photodynamic Diagnosis
- Development of new photosensitizers
- Development of photodynamic reactions in experimental models